Accessing Remote Education
Online learning is accessed via Google Classroom. Each child has been provided with a secure username and password. Google Classroom may be accessed using a laptop or desktop PC/Apple device, an Xbox, a PlayStation, iPad/tablet or Smartphone. If using a Smartphone or tablet (including iPad), it is recommended that you download the Google Classroom app.
Children also have access to Numbots, Times Table Rockstars and MyMaths.
No online or digital access?
We recognise that some pupils may not have suitable online access at home. We take the following approaches to support those pupils to access remote education:
- Parents should contact school via firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if their child does not have access to a device to support home learning.
- Click here to find out how to apply for additional mobile data or a router.
- Worksheets to accompany the maths home learning videos have been printed and parents have been invited to come and collect them from school if they are needed.
- Work may be photographed and emailed to teachers, if a child is unable to submit work through Google Classroom.
- Children with no Internet access will be signposted to BBC TV resources.
- In addition, for children in EYFS, packs of resources and activities are available to support your child’s learning at home. A message will be sent when these are available.